Flying with Toddlers
Flying with toddlers can be tricky because they are mobile but hard to reason with. Below are some tips on how to make the flight as enjoyable as possible!
- Check in as soon as possible to make sure you secure seats that are next to each other and in a spot that you are comfortable with.
- Toddlers don’t have a very long attention span so plan on 15 minute increments of play time per toy. Have enough toys in rotation to cover the flight. Playdoh, stickers, coloring books and snacks are all great!
- The FAA recommends using a child restraint system for children under 40lbs. There are a variety of options available but be sure to purchase one that is FAA approved.
- Work with a travel agent! They will help you navigate the best times to travel with children as well as family friendly vacations and travel discounts!
- Don’t place children in an aisle seat. They are best in the middle or window seat as they are less likely to get bumped or be tempted to run through the aisle.
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks! Kids always seem to be hungry at the most inconvenient times so you want to be prepared. Food always helps avoid a meltdown.
- Talk about the flight in advance of flying. Read books, watch videos and provide them with as much exposure to the plane and the flying as possible. This will alleviate anxiety before and during the flight.
- If you are able to arrange it, fly during nap times so that they can sleep for a portion of the flight.
225 Tech Park Drive, Rochester, NY 14623 |
585-295-9393 | 877-295-8747
Come by and see us at:
225 Tech Park Drive
Rochester, Ny 14623
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri 9:00a to 5:00p
Saturday & Evenings by Appointment
We are proud member of:
Conditions Apply: Specials are valid on new bookings only. Prices are per person and based on double occupancy accommodations. Package prices and/or rates on tours, resorts, cruises and airfare are subject to peak period surcharges, holiday blackout dates, and cancellation charges may apply of up to the full price depending on the fare or package and when it was cancelled. Some fares are non-transferable and non-refundable, but may be exchanged for a fee of up to $200 plus any additional airfare costs due to difference in airfares. Additional fees for baggage may apply for checked bags. Other restrictions may apply and vary by resort, cruise line, tour operator and airline carrier. Carpe Diem travel does not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the offers.